SVG Export question

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Fri Jan 17 01:08:02 GMT 2020

On Tue, Jan 14, 2020 at 07:23:08AM -0500, Richard Knapp wrote:
> Why I ask: when importing the SVG into a drawing program, it would be
> very handy if the drawing automatically (based on the coordinates) set
> to the correct location so I don’t have to move it each time.
>
> Does this make sense? What am I missing?

That's what's meant to happen, and does with survexport but not via
aven.

This bug was apparently introduced back in 2013 in 1.2.8 (from looking
at when this code was changed before - I didn't actually test with older
versions).  The grid is always being enabled even for formats like SVG
where we don't support it, and that throws off the bounding box
calculation.

I've pushed a fix to git so this should be fixed in the next release.