SVG Export question

Richard Knapp richard.f.knapp at gmail.com
Tue Jan 14 12:23:08 GMT 2020

When creating and SVG file, does the exported file have a designated origin (0,0,0 coordinates)? I find the view box does but not the actual plot. I have designated the first station with the fixed coordinates but don’t see it has propagated.

When I am exporting, I am using a different rotation than the original (True North) so I can understand that. However, I used the True North value (no azimuth rotation on export) and still did not get a (0,0,0) coordinate on any station.

Why I ask: when importing the SVG into a drawing program, it would be very handy if the drawing automatically (based on the coordinates) set to the correct location so I don’t have to move it each time.

Does this make sense? What am I missing?

Richard Knapp
Richard.F.Knapp at gmail.com