Aven spanish translation

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Tue Mar 20 18:03:33 GMT 2018

On Sun, Mar 18, 2018 at 12:26:56PM +0100, Evaristo Quiroga wrote:
> When using the Spanish version of AVEN, I have found that several menus or
> options are in English. I want to help to complete the spanish translate.

That would be great.

> I think its the same file as Loch. Have I to translate the "es.po" file
> found in the Github?

Yes.  There's a bit more detail on your options here:

https://trac.survex.com/#HelpMakeSurvexBetter

I'd not recommend transifex at this point - it fails to auto-update most
of the time so it's almost always out of date.  I'm probably going to
have to drop it as an option.

If you're just using a text editor on the file, then there's a cut down
version with just the missing and "fuzzy" messages which you might find
more convenient:

https://survex.com/software/i18n/es.todo

If you can't find a menu option (or other message) that's still in
English, let us know - some strings come from the wxWidgets library,
which has its own i18n files (which may not be complete for all
languages) and we can point you at those.  There are probably still a
few strings not marked for translation in the Survex source too.

If anyone is interested in updating other translations, please do -
at the moment, only English and French are 100% complete.