Export formats

Erin Lynch hongmeiguicc at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 23 10:29:50 BST 2016

On Wednesday, 22 June 2016, 12:43, Michael Lake <mikel at speleonics.com.au> wrote:

A few options here: have a shp output with options in survex or have a plugin
for qgis that just handles survex files. I think the latter would be better as
with a plugin in qgis your not lumbering survex with more export formats that
most users wont use. If someone can write a qgis plugin (they are in Python) one
could select a 3d file from Aven and then via checkboxes select what attributes
to import (legs, stations etc) as the plugins have a GUI interface.

I'd argue that shapefile export would be useful to more users than a QGIS plugin. While QGIS is certainly popular, there are a lot of people who use ArcGIS. And here in China everyone uses MapGIS.
Cheers,Erin