HowTo: Cavern output in feet

Bill Gee bgee at campercaver.net
Tue Mar 3 16:32:13 GMT 2015

Hi Wookey  -

Thanks!   I suspected there was no option to display the output in feet.  It
should be a simple change, so yes - let's add it to the wish list for a future
version.  I assume cavern is converting feet to meters internally.  Converting
back should be easy.

Regarding the vertical length - I assumed this was the case.  The resulting
total is not terribly useful.  Thanks for the explanation.

Now that I have used Survex for a few hours, I find that Therion/Loch is much
more useful.  For one thing, the .3d file that cavern produces is highly
distorted for reasons I have not yet figured out.  It bears no relation
whatever to the real shape of the cave.

The one useful thing I get from Survex is the warnings about clino-backclino
and compass-backcompass readings that are out of spec.  This led me to a
number of data entry errors in the centerline which I have now corrected.

Regards - Bill Gee