HowTo: Cavern output in feet

Wookey wookey at wookware.org
Tue Mar 3 15:27:19 GMT 2015

+++ Bill Gee [2015-03-03 08:30 -0600]:
> I don't see any directive or command line option that specifies the output to
> be in feet.  Is there a way to do it?

Not so far as I know. Perhaps this is one reason we don't have many US users :-)

This probably deserves a wishlist bug. Would you want the error file output to be changed too (I assume so).

> Also - What does it mean by "Total vertical length of survey shots"?  This
> cave is nearly horizontal.  It certainly does not extend through 100 meters of
> vertical distance.

It adds up all the vertical elements of all the shots; (not generally a
very useful number). Even if the cave is mostly horizontal many of the
legs will be slightly up or down and that will all add up. e.g if each
leg went up or down by 10cm, then a 1000 shots survey would have a
"Total vertical length of survey shots" of 100m.

>  The vertical range of ~13 meters is probably accurate.

Right, but that's a different number (max vertical range from highest to lowest point).

http://wookware.org/