Survex 1.2.19 released

Andy Waddington (Cave Surveying mailbox) surveys at pennine.ddns.me.uk
Mon Jun 22 16:22:15 BST 2015

On Monday 2015-06-22 15:14:11 you wrote:

> The ppa is only relevant when a backport is needed
> [lots of info]

OK, thanks for that Wooks. I guess my issue is just that none of that
is apparent from the downloads page which sends me somewhere
apparently not relevant, then.

Something a bit more useful to potential new users (especially those
who are not used to building from source) would help - even if that is
simply to the effect that you need to build from source to keep up
with the bleeding edge, but that most users will be fine with just an

apt-get install survex

from their distro's repositories.

Being able to install from a .deb stops people having to translate
messages saying that wxwidgets is missing into a less than obvious
need to install a package called libwxgtk3.0-dev and so on when
building from source. One gets there in the end, as usual (I'd just
finished building it here and copying the stuff across to the laptop
when your mail arrived :-)

Andy