Survex 1.2.16 for Mac OS X (was: Re: Survex 1.2.16 released)

David A. Riggs david.a.riggs at gmail.com
Fri Jan 23 01:20:23 GMT 2015

On Thu, Jan 22, 2015 at 6:33 PM, Olly Betts <olly at survex.com> wrote:

> We really need some higher resolution versions of the toolbar icons
> anyway - maybe providing those will fix this.

I tweaked the .SVG version of the Aven icon using Adobe Illustrator
(the compass lanyard was "wonky"), and have attached the updated .SVG
here. I didn't test it using Inkscape (no X11 on this Mac), but you
probably should before committing it, as Adobe has a bit of an
"embrace and extend" mentality when it comes to working with SVG.

Then I attempted to create a .ICNS icon file for OS X; this is
essentially a weird raster pyramid format consisting of 1024px - 16px
versions of the same image for display at different scales. I built it
manually, and it looks correct with Preview. But pointing your
Aven.app's info.plist to this .ICNS file failed to actually use the
new icon. I'm not sure if it's because of the icon file itself,
because I'm not referencing it correctly in the .plist file, or
because OS X is cacheing the old icon somehow.

- DR

--
David A. Riggs <david.a.riggs at gmail.com>