exporting tubes from aven

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Wed Dec 12 00:02:22 GMT 2012

On Wed, Nov 28, 2012 at 10:01:42PM +0000, Wookey wrote:
> +++ Erin Lynch [2012-11-25 05:13 -0800]:
> > Is there a version of survex (or a script) which will output the
> > passage walls in a vector format (dxf, svg, shp, ...)? I need to make
> > a black blob of San Wang Dong for my ICS paper. All of the lrud data
> > has been typed in for the system, and it looks great in aven, but
> > screenshots aren't high enough resolution for printing.
>
> There is cad3d (part of survex) which converts .3d to dxf.

There's also "File->Export As..." in aven, but neither supports passage
dimension data yet:

http://trac.survex.com/ticket/4

> This used to be the printps command, but now it's just select a
> postscript printer. postscript is trivialy convertible to .pdf if that
> helps.

The old postscript printing code is now the "EPS" option in aven's
export code.

> .3d is of course a vector format already.

If you're prepared to massage data formats yourself, you can use dump3d
to produce parsable text output from a .3d file.  You'll need to build
it though - if you build Survex from source, you can then "cd src" and
"make dump3d".