exporting tubes from aven

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Fri Dec 28 07:56:41 GMT 2012

On Wed, Dec 12, 2012 at 12:02:22AM +0000, Olly Betts wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 28, 2012 at 10:01:42PM +0000, Wookey wrote:
> > +++ Erin Lynch [2012-11-25 05:13 -0800]:
> > > Is there a version of survex (or a script) which will output the
> > > passage walls in a vector format (dxf, svg, shp, ...)? I need to make
> > > a black blob of San Wang Dong for my ICS paper. All of the lrud data
> > > has been typed in for the system, and it looks great in aven, but
> > > screenshots aren't high enough resolution for printing.
> >
> > There is cad3d (part of survex) which converts .3d to dxf.
>
> There's also "File->Export As..." in aven, but neither supports passage
> dimension data yet:
>
> http://trac.survex.com/ticket/4

I've now implemented this.  So far only for SVG, but other formats
shouldn't be hard, at least if they can do a filled quadrilateral.

There are a few other things I'd like to get sorted out, but I'll
probably make a new release with this and a pile of other goodies
in the not too distant future.  Meanwhile it's in the git repo if
you're happy to build from source.