Virus in survex Win32 installation files?

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Tue Apr 10 01:36:13 BST 2012

On Tue, Apr 10, 2012 at 01:02:14AM +0100, Olly Betts wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 09, 2012 at 09:43:52AM -0700, Erin Lynch wrote:
> > There may be a virus in the latest survex Win32 installation files. In
> > the last day two cavers downloading the files have reported that their
> > anti-virus software detects a virus in the .exe file.

Jenny wondered if they're just seeing the warning you get about any
unsigned executable download on recent microsoft windows versions?

http://www.trishtech.com/img_art_a/win7_publisher_not_verified_0.jpg

If anyone knows if there's a sane way to get the download signed
let me know.  I suspect it requires giving microsoft money though,
which isn't really feasible for something I give away for free.