Virus in survex Win32 installation files?

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Tue Apr 10 04:15:52 BST 2012

Erin provided some more information in a private mail.

It seems the warning is "WS.Reputation-1", and is issued simply because
not many Norton users download this particular file (I mean, seriously?
It's almost like anti-virus companies thrive by creating an atmosphere
of fear...)

There's a form to report misdetections to them, so I've filled it out.
We'll see if it does any good.

Meanwhile, it should be safe to ignore "WS.Reputation-1" reports about
Survex downloads.  It just means you're one of a select few!