Bug report on 1.1.12

Wookey wookey at wookware.org
Fri Sep 7 01:55:38 BST 2007

On 2007-09-07 01:01 +0100, Olly Betts wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 06, 2007 at 11:33:57PM +0100, Loeffler, David wrote:
> > On my laptop, which runs a current CVS version of Survex 1.1.12 under
> > SuSE Linux 10.1, I've been noticing a curious bug with the mouse control.
> >
> > The bug manifests itself if I open a survey, change to a view angle other
> > than plan, then click on a survey station to centre it in view. Thereafter,
> > the measuring line indicator doesn't quite follow the cursor -- it seems to
> > always be pointing to something just to one side of the cursor, unless the
> > cursor is on another station in which case it snaps to the correct point.
>
> I don't think I'm seeing this.

> > Also, if one does the above steps then attempts to rotate the cave, one gets
> > a sort of jittering effect, with the central point wobbling from side to side
> > as the cave rotates in a strange random way.
>
> Hmm, I don't see this either, but again perhaps it's related.

I can reproduce dave's problems. In fact I was meaning to report them
but I thought maybe it wa sa problem of my local debian package/build
of 1.1.12. (I also have no menus, only hte toolbnar at the top of the
page - that may well be my fault?).

In a bit more detail:

Start aven and load .3d file using toolbar icon/chooser.
L to elevation. rotate works fine, and so does mouse movement and
marker line.
Click on a station to get into 'broken' mode.
marker line is now well to left of mouse when above marked stattion,
and well to right when below. The further down/up mouse moves the
further offset the marker-line endpoint is. It is only correct when
the mouse is half-way up the cave. (CLicking again sometimes makes it
there).

When it is in 'broken' mode then hitting rotate makes it go horribly
wrong. rotation is at best very jerky and jumpy and at worse
pretty-much totally random. Something is definately wrong with the
co-ordinates.

Principal hats:  Balloonz - Toby Churchill - Aleph One - Debian
http://wookware.org/