Survex 1.1.5 development snapshot uploaded

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Wed Sep 21 21:30:23 BST 2005

On Wed, Sep 21, 2005 at 08:19:05PM +0100, Brian Clipstone wrote:
> Aven:
>     The highlight fixed points ect. buttons now work.

Cool, thanks for confirming.

>      The focus now swops from side panel to survey OK, (can we have an
> update of svx 1.0.37 Aven as it fails in this).

I've improved things quite a lot, but there's a bit more work to do yet
(the arrow keys misbehave a bit).  I'll definitely make the same changes
to 1.0 once I've finished.

> I have noticed one thing wrong, the depth color panel does not stay in the
> top right hand corner, depending if you open Aven in a window or full
> screen.

Ah yes.  In 1.1.5 I put the depth panel into an opengl list which can
easily be 10 times faster to draw so works well for things which don't
change much.  But that list will need to be regenerated when the window
is resized.

>     Also I have been trying to get my head around wall data, I have been
> playing with one very small survey file and it has involved a lot of work to
> get it to work. admittedly it has a number of side passages.
> At the moment I have over 250 files in doc form with wall data laid out as
> below.
>
>   FROM         TO       LENGTH BEARING GRADIENT LEFT RIGHT UP DOWN STN
>  CDBCUS63   CDBCUS64     7.59  091.0  +19.50   230    0  200  120  64
>  CDBCUS64   CDBCUS65     6.86  005.0  -01.50      10   30   50   50   65
>
> I measure wall data in CM as it is easier to write down without a mistake,
> hence 200 is 2M. Can units be changed, as in distance, compass ect.

This should work:

*units left right up down 0.01 metres

> As I was trying to get it to work, I had a number of *DATA passage station
> left right up down ignoreall, in the file and Cavern came back with  bug in
> program detected inform the author.

Can you send me (off list) a data set which produces this error?