printing problem with 1.0.35

Wookey wookey at aleph1.co.uk
Sat Sep 10 02:09:02 BST 2005

Having printed a nuber of surveys recently I've noticed that if you print
from aven then it appears to try to use the whole 210x297 A4 area (i.e.
assumes your printer has no unprintable border). There doesn't seem to be a
way of changing this, as print.ini appears to be ignored.

Printing with printpcl works a lot better, although the "survey foo Page n
of n..." line invariably appears on a second page, no matter how much I
reduce the vertical printable area value. This has been the case for a year
or two now.

(Printing to an HP laserjet compatible using cups from Debian GNU/linux).

The change to cups from lpr(ng) didn't change anything (which is what is
supposed to happen).

I should check this remains unfixed in 1.0.36, but thought I should report
it, having confirmed the above just now.