Yes, I get the SAME Illegal Instruction (yes NVTDM) AFTER installing O/S 2000 (fwd)

Wookey wookey@aleph1.co.uk
Thu, 31 Oct 2002 15:37:13 +0000 (GMT)

Anyone know anything about this? Allegro troubles probably.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 09:42:14 EST
From: Jimginas@aol.com
To: wookey@aleph1.co.uk
Subject: Yes, I get the SAME Illegal Instruction (yes  NVTDM)  AFTER installing O/S 2000

I have installed Survex on a friend's laptop which we taking on a trip
toThailand at Christmas.>From a DOS window we can run 'cavern' and
'printhpgl' without any problems,but when we try 'caverot' we get the
following error message:16 bit MS-DOS subsystemCommand Prompt - caverot <
cavename>The NUTDM CPU has encountered an illegal instructionCS:c000 IP:00c0
OP:63 68 6e 6f 6c[it may say NVTDM - I can't read my handwriting!!!!]The
machine is aDEFT version 2.01x86 Family 6 Model 6 Stepping 10AT/AT
compatible130,420 KB RAMand the operating system isWindows NT4.00.1381As it
is a works machine it has been configured in a weird and wonderful wayto
allow it to be connected to the works network.Have you come across this
problem before and do you know of a solution?My friend will also discuss the
problem with the IT department at work.ThanksMartin Ellis

Jim
Cell: 301-399-2758