Processing Compass data files

Graham Mullan graham.mullan@breathemail.net
Tue, 29 Oct 2002 16:14:55 -0000

The "process with" option doesn't work, you just get a list of error
messages.

Making a one line svx file using include does work, in the sense that it
runs! Sometimes it gives results that look like the cave and sometimes it
doesn't. I suspect that the failures are to do with station naming problems,
but don't have time at the moment to analyse the plots carefully and check,
but it seems that loops are forming between separate Compass surveys where
no loops should be. Given that a Compass file containing several surveys
should be like a single level Survex file I don't understand this one at
all.

Mak files give a related problem in that it seems to be trying to act like a
single level Survex hierarchy and is therefore trying to link things that
don't link. First time I've ever seen a misclosure error of several thousand
percent!

Graham