Is this considered a bug ?

Michael Lake Mike.Lake@uts.edu.au
Mon, 24 Sep 2001 11:03:28 +1100

Olly Betts wrote:
> Any key press or mouse button click cancels motion between plan and
> elevation.  Always has done I believe.  If nothing else, it allows you to
> halt the motion on a slow computer.
>
> Is this not what people generally expect?  It's easy enough to change (just
> remove the 2 lines which reset the auto-tilt).

I would prefer to be able to halt the motion as it is at present.
My opinion is that user interface behaviour for things such as
cave viewers just has to be learnt. Nothing is obvious nor is there
any right way. Just include explanations of what a CR does while
tilting in the user manual perhaps in a FAQ so that users can understand
what is happening.

My 2c worth :-)
Mike
Michael Lake