Is this considered a bug ?

Andy Waddington on Survey stuff Survex@pennine.demon.co.uk
Mon, 24 Sep 2001 11:18:08 BST

> Is this not what people generally expect?

Well, I found it surprising, but if that is what is intended, then it is
not a bug. I was just concerned that it might be a feature under RISC OS
but not other environments. I agree that if it is consistent, then it is
probably better - you can always wait for it to complete before hitting
return, whereas if you disabled it, there would be nothing you could do
to restore the current behaviour.

I do notice that if you start the rotation first, then hit "P" or "L",
then everything works as I would expect.

I note, further, that "shift" doesn't speed up the rotation between plan
and elevation, as it does for other actions.

Is there a way to bring up Caverot with a particular view when it is
started? I find that I am dropping a .3d file into Caverot and rotating it
to a particular tilt, viewing direction and zoom in repeatedly, and it would
be nice to be able to say something like "Caverot thing/3d -azimuth 168
-elevation +30 -zoom 4" etc. to always start with the same view, magnified
so much from the default (which would fit the whole survey on-screen).

Just a thought, rather than a criticism. Always looking for shortcuts...

Andy