Is this considered a bug ?

Olly Betts olly@survex.com
Fri, 21 Sep 2001 17:01:47 +0100

On Thu, Sep 20, 2001 at 05:54:21PM +0100, Andy Waddington on Survey stuff wrote:
> Using CaveRot 0.96 prerelease 3, on RISC OS, I noticed something that might
> be a bug, or might be a feature - I'm not quite sure.
>
> If I hit "L" to convert to an elevation view from a plan, the survey is
> animated in its rotation. If I now hit "cr" to start the survey rotating,
> that happens immediately, *without completing the rotation up to an
> elevation*.

Any key press or mouse button click cancels motion between plan and
elevation.  Always has done I believe.  If nothing else, it allows you to
halt the motion on a slow computer.

Is this not what people generally expect?  It's easy enough to change (just
remove the 2 lines which reset the auto-tilt).

> I would have expected the <cr> hit to be queued in some way so
> that the transition to elevation was finished before (or maybe simultaneous
> with) the rotation in plan. With the object I was viewing (a .3d file of an
> Aleut Kayak, as it happens :) it was very obvious that I was not getting an
> elevation. With a cave, it might be a lot less obvious.

The tilt indicator shows it's not an elevation...