Survex 0.95 prerelease 7 and xcaverot's rubber band.

Olly Betts olly@survex.com
Thu, 26 Oct 2000 15:53:28 +0100

In message <39F7F90B.40F5AF5D@uts.edu.au>, Michael Lake writes:
>As a comment on the latest xcaverot I notice that there now
>appears to be some 'new feature' where the cave rotates or
>tilts for a little while after you have stopped moving the
>mouse. Some time lag appears to have been incorporated.

Which version were you using before which didn't do this?  I think it's
always been like this (I checked 0.93 and it does the same).  The effect is
because the X events get buffered up, but it's only noticable on a slower
machine and/or with a larger survey where a backlog builds up.

Aven avoids this problem by purging the event queue - Xcaverot should
probably do the same.