Cave surveying with LIDAR

Jeskynar jeskynar at gmail.com
Wed Nov 13 10:51:06 GMT 2019

Thanks!  I'm looking into how I might stitch together multiple scans from a
BLK360 lidar scanner to produce a decent cave survey.
I guess the problems are: 1) how best to perform the scans, where to
position the scanner, whether to use registration markers
2) how to stitch together the resulting scans, 3) how to clean up the data,
4) how to build a useful model

I guess you mean meshlab not meshlan? meshlab seems to have been untouched
for a few years now.
I'll have a look at cloudcompare. I've got access to autodek recap pro but
I'm not liking it so far.

Andrew