Cave surveying with LIDAR

Mike Lake mikel at speleonics.com.au
Wed Nov 13 11:02:36 GMT 2019

Yes meshlab.  I had quite a few spelling errors in my post.

CloudCompare from https://www.danielgm.net/cc/ seems to be actively
maintained.
I have not had to stitch together data myself though.
I have found a laptop with a GPU is pretty essential. Without a GPU is
just soooo slooow.

I would think registration markers would be useful. If end up not
needing them that's fine, but if you do the scans and subsequently can't
quite merge them together you might need those exact registration
markers. Are you going to survey to them with a DistoX or does the
BLK360 do that? It does look a very nice unit. Probably a lot of $$.
Hopefully it comes with some good software to do what you need.

Mike

---
Mike Lake