Trouble generating terrain data with TerrainTool

Rodrigo Severo rsev at pm.me
Mon Sep 6 16:20:10 BST 2021

‐‐‐‐‐‐‐ Original Message ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐

Em segunda-feira, 6 de setembro de 2021 às 11:41 AM, Rodrigo Severo <rsev at pm.me> escreveu:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to produce Terrain data for Survex and Therion with TerrainTool but I'm having some issues.

I managed to create terrain data with TerrainTool.

1. TerrainTool was looking inside the "~/.terraintool" directory and not at "~/.local/share/terraintool/" as the documentation made me believe.

2. TerrainTool is looking for files with uppercase N/S and W/E indications despite the available files being named with lowercase indications.

Some suggestions:

a) explicitly mention at TerrainTool page the path where TerrainTool looks for the manually downloaded data file

b) mention the full path and file name at TerrainTool error message in case it doesn't finds the necessary data file

c) make TerrainTool look for NASA data files with the same exact name available at "https://e4ftl01.cr.usgs.gov/MEASURES/NASADEM_HGT.001/2000.02.11/", particulary the case used for N/S and W/E indications.

Regards,

Rodrigo Severo