TerranTool New Release 1.16

Mike McCombe mikemccombe at btinternet.com
Wed Dec 2 14:04:26 GMT 2020

I'm pleased to announce the release of a new version (1.16) of TerrainTool,
a tool for creating a Survex and Therion-compatible terrain surface meshes
that can be added to cave survey data. This version adds support for
NASADEM, a 1 arc-second void-free Digital Elevation Model released by NASA
in February 2020, adds support for the Slovenian grid and resolves
outstanding issues with automatic download of data from the earlier Shuttle
Radar Topography Mission (SRTM2) dataset.

Written in Java (requires JDK 15), TerrainTool runs under Windows, macOS and
linux variants and has been added, thanks to Wookey, to the latest Debian
release. Thanks to Graham Mullan and UBSS, TerrainTool is hosted on the UBSS
website (see link at http://ubss.org.uk ) where you will find a longer
description with driving and installation instructions and links to the
program itself, source code and release notes.

Feel free to contact me with questions, bug reports and any other support
issues!

Kind regards,

Mike McCombe

mike at mikemccombe.co.uk