install notes Re: announcing QGIS3 plugin to import survex .3d files

Warren Family warrenfamily at fastmail.com
Mon Sep 28 14:47:21 BST 2020

Sorry...!  I haven't had the time to jump through the hoops to get this
officially listed, but here's a summary of the install notes:

Download this:
https://github.com/patrickbwarren/qgis3-survex-import/archive/master.zip
Unzip the downloaded zip file - you should see a folder called
'survex_import'

In QGIS3 go to 'Settings → User Profiles → Open Active Profile Folder'
 From here, navigate to python folder, then to the plugins sub-folder of
that.

Copy the 'survex_import' folder from above zip file into this
python/plugins folder
(ie copy the folder itself, so that there is a sub-subfolder called
survex_import in python/plugins).

Then restart QGIS3, go to the plugins menu item, and you should be able
to enable the Import .3d file plugin under 'installed plugins'.

In the same 'master.zip' there is a subfolder with a processed survex
data set DowProv.3d, that you can try importing (it is fully
georeferenced with the appropriate *cs commands).

More information and usage notes at:
https://github.com/patrickbwarren/qgis3-survex-import

Patrick