Exporting to other formats

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Fri May 1 22:40:09 BST 2020

On Thu, Apr 30, 2020 at 10:57:35AM +0200, Matic Di Batista wrote:
> My question is, whether there is an option to somehow call survex API and
> export the data (for example) in kml format.

There isn't an API for this, but you can use the survexport tool which
should have been installed along with survex.  This uses the same export
code as aven does, and should support all the same formats and options.
If you find anything aven can do and survexport can't (or vice versa)
please report it.

For example:

    survexport --clamp-to-ground --passages cave.3d cave.kml

The survexport tool was added in 1.2.35 (released 2018-07-03) so if you
don't have it, check if you need to upgrade.  If you want to export
passage polygons you'll want at least 1.2.37 for some survexport
bugfixes.