macOS homebrew package (was: Re: Survex 1.2.36 released)

Robert Jones rob at robjones.org
Fri Jul 20 07:37:52 BST 2018

Ah great, you're one step ahead of me already. I tend to agree that the
private tap is more suited given the infrequent nature of updates/niche
audience.

Yes, if the formula is in the core homebrew repository, then any changes
require a PR.

The one thing you do get 'for free' is their CI/hosting of binary bottles,
but this can be applied to taps also.

I haven't played much with building binary bottles, and they're by no means
necessary but I did find some helpful notes on generating these with Travis
CI in the same manner as the core homebrew team:

https://gist.github.com/maelvalais/068af21911c7debc4655cdaa41bbf092

Rob