macOS homebrew package (was: Re: Survex 1.2.36 released)

Carlos Henrique Grohmann de Carvalho carlos.grohmann at gmail.com
Wed Jul 18 14:23:11 BST 2018

Just tried and installation went fine (already had the dependencies).

The executables under /usr/local/bin/ (cavern, aven etc) all work. The app
(/usr/local/Cellar/survex/1.2.36/Aven.app) doesn't work.

best

Carlos

On Wed, Jul 18, 2018 at 12:08 AM, Olly Betts <olly at survex.com> wrote:

> Thanks to Rob Jones you can now install Survex on macOS using the
> Homebrew package manager, which provides an easier way to install a
> recent version which we can keep in step with releases.  The disk
> image hasn't been updated since 1.2.27 which is just over 2 years
> old now.
>
> If you don't already use Homebrew, you'll need to install that first.
> Then to install Survex:
>
>   brew update
>   brew install https://survex.com/~olly/survex.rb
>
> The first time you do this it may take a while as it has to install
> all the dependencies first.  Subsequent updates should be faster.
>
> This packaging is fairly new - if you hit any teething problems, please
> report them to the bug tracker or mailing list.
>
> Cheers,
>     Olly
>
> --

Prof. Carlos Henrique Grohmann
Institute of Energy and Environment - Univ. of São Paulo, Brazil
- Digital Terrain Analysis | GIS | Remote Sensing -

http://carlosgrohmann.com
http://orcid.org/0000-0001-5073-5572