Aven in stereoscopic 3D

Footleg drfootleg at gmail.com
Thu Jul 5 13:45:42 BST 2018

OK, I finally got around to testing this on my 3D TV. The side by side mode
does work with the 3D TV. But as Pedro already mentioned, the 3D image is
projected well in front of the plane of the screen and this makes it quite
painful to view (headaches and eye strain result). I also found that the
survey was really hard to move around on the screen in general. Mouse
movements appear to hardly move the survey any distance, so very hard to
get it where you want (a lot of repeated dragging using the mouse and it
has only moved a tiny distance on screen). Also the centre of rotation is
displaced from the station you select. So it is not possible to select a
station and rotate around it. Auto rotation speed was very fast too (way to
fast to be comfortable to view).

So in summary, I think the principle of side by side works great, but the
projection parameters and some mouse movement scaling options need
reviewing. (Tested on Windows 10 laptop).

Footleg