Deg invalid in units

Footleg drfootleg at gmail.com
Wed Jan 11 23:01:45 GMT 2017

Thanks for that. Yes I agree updating the manual to match the behaviour
makes most sense. I'll update my parser to match Survex actual behaviour
too. I'm happy to provide all my test files to the Survex test suite.
They'll be included in my source distribution for cave converter under a
GPL license when I've finished writing them. I'll send you a link when my
release goes out.

Since I added handling of file includes to my parser I've been testing it
against the entire 3 counties system dataset, which has raised some
interesting questions about what should be valid or maybe at least raise a
warning. I added output of splays using anonymous to stations, which
enables my converter to read files with splays flagged using flags in
Survex, and convert them to splays using - instead of a named to station.
This broke some files in the Leck Fell dataset where survey data was joined
the both ends of a splay leg. Survex processed these without warnings,
which I thought was a case where a warning could be useful as it seemed an
unusual thing to do with a leg flagged as a splay. After I converted those
named to stations to - characters it broke the connectivity of these data
sets.

Footleg