Win10 not recognising .svx files

sam townsend sam_townsend at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 9 23:07:06 GMT 2016

Hi all.
Hoping someone can help, I'm on Windows 10 64 bit machine.
I've un-installed my old copy of survex and installed 1.2.26
Now, when I right click a .svx file, I dont get the 'Process' option on the contextual menu.

You;ll notice that the file type is 'SVX File' and not Survex Raw Survey Data as it should be.

I've tried right clicking, open with, choosing a program to open it with, navigating to Program files\survex and these are my options,,

I believe its meant to be Editwrap.exe (or so someone said) but its not there as an option. Have tried uninstalling and re-installing survex (with reboot etc) to no avail. It seems editwrap is not being installed. I ended up trying cavern.exe but that hasn't helped.
If I drag a .svx file into aven (which is working fine and displaying .3d files ok btw) it does process the file.
It all works on an old 32bit machine I have (which is windows 10 also) its just a bit too s-l-o-w.I checked the file association on there and the default app to open it is Notepad, but its all working ok.Editwrap.exe is there on this install (1.2.26 also)
It seems to me to be an issue with Editwrap.exe program not being installed.
Can anyone shed any light on this issue, or have you suffered the same.
Help as I'm fed up of spending my time trying to sort this rather then sorting out the survey data!!!
Ta very much
Sam