Export formats

HughStL hugh at stlawrence.free-online.co.uk
Tue Jun 7 14:14:07 BST 2016

I think we might all be putting the cart before the horse, here.

Does it make more sense to first ask people (via online poll, maybe?)
how they use the survex output.  e.g. just for screen viewing?....or
exporting centreline into drawing packages?....or printing centreline to
paper?....  What do MOST people want from survex output MOST of the time?

It just seems to me unrealistic to try and cover all eventualities, and
inefficient to spend a lot of time and effort trying to meet a 1% usage
scenario. Find out what is majorly essential and necessary.  (and
probably quite rightly drop some of the existing formats)

Hugh