Survex 1.2.16 for Mac OS X (was: Re: Survex 1.2.16 released)

David A. Riggs david.a.riggs at gmail.com
Thu Jan 22 15:50:49 GMT 2015

On Thu, Jan 22, 2015 at 7:16 AM, Olly Betts <olly at survex.com> wrote:

> Sadly that attempt got rather bogged down and we ran out of time, but my
> Dad is visiting and I've got 1.2.16 building on his Mac laptop with some
> small tweaks.  It's now downloadable from the website download page:
>
> http://survex.com/download.html?platform=macosx
>
> A number of the previously noted issues are gone, but there are still
> some niggles noted in the INSTALL file in the disk image.  If you spot
> any others, please report them.
>
> Also, if you know how to fix any remaining issues, please help out.
>
> This was built on OS X 10.10.1, but with an option which I think means
> it should be compatible with older releases.  If you try it with an
> older release, success or failure reports would be useful.

Beautiful! Aven works wonderfully on my OS X 10.9.4 retina MacBook
Pro, though toolbar icons are pixel quadrupled(?) as you note in the
INSTALL doc.

I note that `svxedit` fails with the following error:

[driggs at mbp /Applications/Survex]$ ./svxedit
./svxedit: line 33: syntax error near unexpected token `('
./svxedit: line 33: `set xth(debug) 0'

I can't tell you much more about the version of `wish` other than that
it's Apple's stock Framework build of Tk 8.5.

- DR

--
David A. Riggs <david.a.riggs at gmail.com>