problem with set names

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Sun Jan 11 20:08:56 GMT 2015

On Sun, Jan 11, 2015 at 11:19:37AM +0800, Dave Clucas wrote:
> 1. Survey stats
> 	When I run an svx file in Aven I can see the stats if I have an
> 	error but, if it compiles without errors or warnings it goes
> 	straight to the Aven viewer.
> 	How do I get to see these values?

Currently you can't I'm afraid, which needs sorting out (this is why
the default action for "Process" on a .svx file currently still runs
cavern).

If you want to see that stats, I'd stick to using "Process" for now.

> 2. I want to use a station name with a slash 1/0, 1/1 etc
> 	If I add *SET NAMES / then the data is processed OK but I get an
> 	error on the export line (*export survey.1/0). ”station survey.1
> 	is exported but not used” “end of line not blank”

This works for me:

*set names /
*begin cave
*export survey.1/0

*begin survey
*export 1/0
1/0 1/1 1 2 3
1/1 1/2 2 3 4
*end survey

*end cave

> I seem to remember I had the same or similar problem when I used
> station names like 1.0, 1.1. It ran OK for the individual survey but
> didn’t work with exported stations and a master file with includes.

Note that "*set" affects the _PARSING_ of the data, so you do need to
have it in effect for the "*export" and any other uses of the station
name, as well as the actual data - perhaps that's your issue?