Translations in need of updating

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Mon Feb 23 03:04:43 GMT 2015

Due to various new and modified message strings, there are a number of
updates needed for all the translations:

https://translations.launchpad.net/survex/trunk/+pots/survex

For the translations which were at some point complete (or close to
complete), the range is from 17-99 messages needing review.  If you
are fluent in one of these languages, help to get us back up to date
would be most appreciated.  Even if you only have time to deal with
a handful of messages, that would be a step in the right direction.

You can either sign up for a free account on launchpad and make updates
there, or download the relevant .po file and edit it by hand (it's just
a text file with a fairly simple format), or with a tool like poedit.
If you want just the po file, you can get the latest one from here:

http://trac.survex.com/browser/git/lib/bg.po?format=txt

Substitute the relevant language code for 'bg' if you don't want
Bulgarian.

There are also a number of languages with partial translations.
Notably, Imre Balogh has done a lot of translating for Hungarian
recently.  32 of this are marked as needing review, but I know no
Hungarian, so I can't usefully comment on most of those.  A few I
can see don't seem to match the English in some way I would expect
them to:

Survex version %s or greater required to process this survey data.
Legalább %s verzió szükséges a feladat végrehajtásához.

 - I would expect "Survex" to appear in the translated message.

In file included from %s:%u:
Megtalálható a %s file %u sorában

 - The %s:%u: substring should be retained in the translation, so that
   the message can be parsed by tools to get the file and line to jump
   to.  I've added a TRANSLATORS comment to note this.

Character “%c” not allowed in station name (use *SET NAMES to set allowed characters)
"%c" karakter nem engedélyezett a mérőpont nevében

 - The note about *SET NAMES seems to be missing in the translation.

produce Compass PLT output for Carto
Iránytű PLT kimenet készítése Carto-hoz

 - "Compass" is the name of a piece of software, so shouldn't be
   translated.  I've added a TRANSLATORS comment to note this.

If the context of any message isn't clear, I'm happy to clarify it.