Survex for scuba dive surveys

Wookey wookey at wookware.org
Mon Apr 13 15:13:53 BST 2015

+++ Henrik Brautaset Aronsen [2015-04-13 15:30 +0200]:
> On Mon, Apr 13, 2015 at 2:45 PM, Jarvist Moore Frost <jarvist at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > I wasn't aware of the *team flag, nor that Survex can do date-dependent
> > declination, I have always calculated it for the year with one of the NOAA
> > models, and then used it for all data included thereafter
>
> Good point. If I use magnetic north in my survey data, will the "*date"
> flag automatically imply magnetic declination correction?

No, that's a future enhancement made possible by putting the date in
with *date and the geolocation/coordinate system with *cs (a recent
addition which is the main reason this feature has not been added in
the past).

But if your data has
; Surveyed on 1st Dec 2013
then it'll never calculate the declination automatically :-)

http://wookware.org/