Survex and surface data?

Nixon, David (MRO) dnixon at marathonoil.com
Mon Jun 3 09:28:25 BST 2013

We've been converting raster grid data to XYZ then to Survex topographic point format. This is a Python script. What I could really do with knowing is exactly how many points Survex can handle in this format, as the topo grids are very large with many points!

It would be possible to break the terrain model up into smaller grids, which Survex could then handle individually, but it would be useful to have a limit to work to.

Even better would be if Survex was able to increase the array so that it can handle bigger grids / more surface points. Is this possible?