Survex 1.2.5 released

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Tue Jan 3 13:08:20 GMT 2012

It's been two days, so high time for another release - 1.2.5 is now available:

http://survex.com/download.html

This release fixes the sort order or the survey tree, which is an annoying
usability issue I noticed just after releasing 1.2.4.  It also fixes an OpenGL
list leak, builds with the latest FFmpeg library, plus a few other minor
improvements.

There's no Mac OS X build of this version yet.  If you want to build your own,
see the instructions at: http://survex.com/download.html?platform=macosx

Here are SHA1 checksums should you want to verify the integrity of the
files:

4dce15f51f097e6202b03c11f3a1276fa33cbcc6  survex-1.2.5.tar.gz
4e440532fb8795a085e8330e307c9720fd7c6f5a  survex-win32-1.2.5.exe

There are "release notes" on the wiki, which I'll try to keep updated with any
issues found, so take a look there for the latest information:

http://trac.survex.com/wiki/ReleaseNotes/1.2.5

Please report any issues you find which are not covered in the release notes
to the bug tracker (http://trac.survex.com/).

Changes in 1.2.5 (2012-01-03):

* aven:

  + The survey tree in the left panel is now in sorted order once more.

  + No longer fails with an assertion if used for a long time (we were leaking
    an OpenGL list each time one had to be regenerated).

  + Now builds with newer FFmpeg library.

  + Draw measuring line in front of the indicators rather than behind them.

    the OpenGL lists for the compass and clino, so will be a fraction faster.

* Improve handling of attempts to look up translated messages before the
  message subsystem is fully initialised (which only happens if there's an
  error early on).

* Improve the survex(7) man page text, and fix it to be marked as section 7 in
  the man page source as well as in the filename.