Survex 1.2.6 released

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Thu Feb 23 04:51:39 GMT 2012

Survex 1.2.6 is now available:

http://survex.com/download.html

The main motivation for making this release is to fix an issue with the
Mac OS X build which prevents aven from processing .svx files.  There's
no prebuilt version of Mac OS X yet, but this should hopefully appear
in the next few days.

Here are SHA1 checksums should you want to verify the integrity of the
files:

350f060ac972c9ddaa7402d6133ba810448f876e  survex-1.2.6.tar.gz
55461c2d2eb9741c59f7249cb67777a5ce274d1d  survex-macosx-1.2.6.dmg
c1fc38d359cee4404b52cdb96eade9efe0792d0b  survex-win32-1.2.6.exe

There are "release notes" on the wiki, which I'll try to keep updated with any
issues found, so take a look there for the latest information:

http://trac.survex.com/wiki/ReleaseNotes/1.2.6

Please report any issues you find which are not covered in the release notes
to the bug tracker (http://trac.survex.com/).

Changes in 1.2.6 (2012-02-23):

* (Mac OS X version): Fix so that cavern finds its messages when run by aven.

* (Microsoft Windows version): Include JPEG images for aven in the installer
  package (ticket#35).

* cavern: If we have a reference to a station in a non-existent survey, give a
  helpful error rather than saying the station hasn't been exported from the
  survey.  (Bug reported by Martin Green via email)

* aven: Fix to build with a non-Unicode wxWidgets library.  Patch from Olaf
  Kahler.

* findentrances: Add findentrances utility from Olaf Kahler which produces a
  .gpx file with waypoints for entrances.  This needs libproj so is disabled
  by default for this release - to enable it install the development stuff for
  libproj and build survex with:

      make FINDENTRANCES=findentrances
      make install FINDENTRANCES=findentrances

* dump3d: Add support for showing img_ERROR_INFO items.

* doc/3dformat.htm: Merge in some improvements from Mike McCombe.

* Incorporate a French translation from launchpad I'd previously copied the
  English version of by mistake.  Attempt to correct mistranslation of "survey
  file".