Fw: Re: Surface data

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Wed Sep 14 03:35:43 BST 2011

On Wed, Sep 14, 2011 at 03:17:27AM +0100, Olly Betts wrote:
> There's some much older code Mark Shinwell did somewhere which may be
> useful for rendering surfaces.  The code doesn't seem to be in SVN
> trunk, but there are still a couple of images in lib (surface.png is the
> height data I think, and map.png a scan of a matching section of the
> topo map, which we really shouldn't have in there, as I doubt we have
> permission to distribute it, so I'll remove that).
>
> I'll see if I can find that code - I think it did lighting,
> transparency, and texture mapping an image on to the surface.

This is where most of it was removed:

http://trac.survex.com/changeset/2035

Sadly this commit also includes an assortment of other changes, but the
most interesting code is in GfxCore's RenderTerrain and RenderMap
methods.

Some related clean up of now unused methods happened later, for example
here:

http://trac.survex.com/changeset/2059