install problem in Ubuntu 9.10 karmic [SOLVED!!]

Carlos Grohmann carlos.grohmann at gmail.com
Tue Nov 24 16:10:10 GMT 2009

Hi, I managed to install survex 1.1.12 under Ubintu 9.10

First I had to install a new wxgtk from wxwidgets.org:

1- get the key:
 curl http://apt.wxwidgets.org/key.asc | sudo apt-key add -

2 - add this to your sources: (use "jaunty" as distro)
# wxWidgets/wxPython repository at apt.wxwidgets.org
    deb http://apt.wxwidgets.org/ jaunty-wx main

3 - install the "ansi" version of wxgtk-2.8

4 - now compile survex against this new wx-config:
./configure WXCONFIG=/usr/lib/wx/config/gtk2-ansi-release-2.8

5 - be happy

for those interested, I installed my survex with checkinstall, so I
created a .deb which I will leave here:

http://www.igc.usp.br/pessoais/guano/temp/survex_1.1.12-1_i386.deb

best

Carlos

--
Prof. Carlos Henrique Grohmann - Geologist D.Sc.
Institute of Geosciences - Univ. of São Paulo, Brazil