Caverot controls

Andy Waddington surveys at pennine.demon.co.uk
Mon Mar 24 19:33:15 GMT 2008

It's ages since I've used Caverot (and I've probably hardly used xcaverot
at all), but it's so easy to install survex with apt-get ... so off I went.

I find I have forgotten a lot of the keyboard controls, but I was pretty sure
that pressing "H" used to bring up a list. Couldn't find a way to do that.
Right click over the window didn't bring up a menu, where I would have hoped
to find a "help" entry, so rather than RTFM ... I used the little bar of
controls up top left. Left clicking over "step" did what I wanted, but,
being from a RISC OS background (and thinking of that as a "select" click),
without thinking, I clicked right ("adjust") just expecting that this would
rotate the other way. Ah ... not RISC OS then.

But this is such an obvious and easy idiom, that it seems silly to be confined
by conventional reduced-functionality methods from Windows (or even Gnome/KDE)
so why not add this simple enhancement ? Oh, and can we have the "type H for
help" back, too ?

Andy