Point and loop error libraries.

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Fri Sep 21 17:58:17 BST 2007

On Fri, Sep 21, 2007 at 12:18:12PM -0400, Philip Schuchardt wrote:
> Currently, I'm wanting take the input for my GUI. Then create a list using
> Node and send it to solve_network() and get the results.  Do you think this
> would work?

Sounds plausible.

> Also, how do you handle stations with more than 3 legs?  In cavern.h you say:
> node - like a station, except several nodes are used to represent a station
> with more than 3 legs connected to it.  How do you put together several nodes
> when there are more then 3 legs?

Just join them with equate legs.

> Does the loop error just get printed out for the loops(*.err) or is it written
> into a data structure?

In 1.0 it's just written to the .err file.  1.1 also writes it to the
.3d file (so you can "colour by error").

> I'm also confused on what Prefix *up, *down, *right does in struct Prefix.

They're the prefix hierarchy - up and down are obvious really, and right
just links all the Prefix structs with the same value for up (i.e.
siblings which has the same direct parent).

> Where is the clino, compass, length, etc..., processed or stored for each
> survey leg?

You probably want datain.c.