AW: Syntax for vertical passages (and LRUD in general)

Loeffler, David david.loeffler at imperial.ac.uk
Tue Aug 14 11:11:52 BST 2007

> Also ignoreall or ignore or 'description' does not seem to work in
> *passage either, which is tiresome. This may just be a case of not
> reading the detructions properly, but in fact it seems hat *data
> passage is not actually documented yet (it is in v1.0.39 isn't it?).
> That I can fix.

Really? I've had no problems with it ignoring descriptions, using the incantation "*data passage station left right up down ignoreall". This is used heavily throughout the CUCC dataset and seems to work fine for me, both in Survex 1.1 and 1.0.39.

I notice you talk of *passage rather than *data passage. I wondered if *passage was maybe an earlier deprecated version with some features broken, but Cavern v1.0.39 claims never to have heard of it, so presumably that was a typo.

Multiple values for LRUDS are an issue though; I recall Duncan+Erin complaining about this too. It's not obvious how this would be handled for passage tubes in Aven, but for the tick-marks on printed surveys there's no reason why there can't be multiple ticks.

Dave

--
David Loeffler
Mathematics Department