Visualising Surface Contours in Aven

Paul Fretwell paul.fretwell at accelrys.com
Thu Oct 5 14:52:36 BST 2006

I've been experimenting with plotting the surface contours over a cave
survey and have found the results difficult to visualise in Aven.

Marking the surface using the surface flag colours all the contours white,
but the cave survey colouring is now based on the total elevation range of
the data in the 3d file including the surface. So in effect all my cave
appears blue, where as without the surface contours the cave was coloured
from blue through to red based on the elevation range just within the
survey.

Removing the surface flag colours the contours from blue (lowest) to red
(highest) but the cave is still coloured all blue of course.

Either way, it is difficult to distinguish between the cave and the
surface because with the cave all one colour it is hard to make out which
bit is which.

Are there any options I can try which might help?

Footleg