Exporting to EPS and SVG

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Thu May 11 18:27:43 BST 2006

On Thu, May 11, 2006 at 05:41:03PM +0100, Andrew Atkinson wrote:
> Esp, does work sorry, it was my photoshop playing up.

OK.

> SVG I tried in both Mozilla 1.5 and IE 6.0.2800.1106 Both work with
> other svg files I have.

I tested the example you sent on Linux and both Gimp and gqview show it.
I also tried it a validator on it, which reported it ok:

http://jiggles.w3.org/svgvalidator/

So I think you're going to need to experiment to see what fixes this for
you as I can't reproduce it!

I've found some "SVG authoring guidelines":

http://jwatt.org/svg/authoring/

I'll go through these and make sure we conform, but they suggest it
might be worth changing the start of the second line from:

<svg width=[...]

<svg version="1.1" baseProfile="full" xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg" xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink" xmlns:ev="http://www.w3.org/2001/xml-events" width=[...]

Then see if mozilla/msie will display it.  I suspect they'll both be
using the same plugin - probably the Adobe one.