Survex 1.1.8 development snapshot uploaded

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Fri Jun 30 19:58:28 BST 2006

On Fri, Jun 30, 2006 at 05:36:42PM +0100, Loeffler, David wrote:
> Here are a couple of bugs I've noticed from the first attempt to build
> the new version. Niether of these are new; they have been present in
> all Survex 1.1 versions I've tried under Linux.
>
> (1) Where is the length reading for the measuring line? I get a blank
> box where I had expected it to appear.

There's some odd issue which doesn't allow a degree sign to be displayed
in the status bar.  If you try with wx 2.6 (as I assume you are) the
string just isn't displayed.  With wx 2.4 the degree sign isn't
displayed (and I think any text after it isn't either but in this case
the degree sign is the last character).

The lame fix is to say "deg" instead, but I'd rather work out what's
going wrong.  Hmm, actually I bet I know what's going on - I suspect
a missing conversion in the wx status bar code.  And indeed if I send
the utf-8 sequence for a degree sign it works, although oddly the text
is then displayed half a line too low...

> (2) At one end of the measuring line, there should be a filled white
> blob (IIRC). This blob doesn't appear; it gets plotted somewhere else
> on the screen, which then shifts around in a weird random way when you
> zoom and rotate the image.

I've never seen that before - that works on all the machines I've tried
it on.  If you turn on entrance markers (or any other blobs) do they
display correctly?

And can you paste the "System Information" from the about dialog into a
mail so I can figure out how the blobs are being plotted for you.