Survex 1.1.8 development snapshot uploaded

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Sat Jul 1 13:22:22 BST 2006

On Sat, Jul 01, 2006 at 01:03:25PM +0100, Olly Madge wrote:
> > Tsk, debian unstable has a new autoconf which is why this isn't working
> > now.  Looks like there's a newer version of the macro I'm using.
> >
> > Meanwhile, running autoconf 2.59 yourself before configuring (just
> > "autoconf" will do it) will fix this.
>
> Running "autoconf" or "./missing --run autoconf" doesn't fix the problem
> for me.
>
> olly at einstein:~/downloads/programs/survex-1.1.8$ autoconf --version
> autoconf (GNU Autoconf) 2.59e

That's because autoconf 2.59e isn't autoconf 2.59 - 2.59e is actually a
test release which is very close to 2.60 (their version numbering could
be clearer...)

Actually you should also be able to work around this by explicitly
specifying --datadir to configure - e.g.:

./configure --prefix=/usr/local --datadir=/usr/local/share

I'll put together another test release soon, but I want to have a
look at some of the problems Dave has reported first.