Survex 1.1.8 development snapshot uploaded

Olly Madge oghm2 at cam.ac.uk
Sat Jul 1 13:03:25 BST 2006

On Fri, 2006-06-30 at 18:20 +0100, Olly Betts wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 30, 2006 at 07:05:53PM +0200, Thomas Holder wrote:
> > > Can't open message file `en_US' using path `${prefix}/share/survex'
> >
> > I have the same problem on gentoo linux. After running ./configure I
> > have this line in config.h:
> >
> > #define DATADIR "${prefix}/share"
> >
> > After running autoconf (with "./missing --run autoconf") and then again
> > ./configure, it looks better:
> >
> > #define DATADIR "/usr/local/share"
>
> Tsk, debian unstable has a new autoconf which is why this isn't working
> now.  Looks like there's a newer version of the macro I'm using.
>
> Meanwhile, running autoconf 2.59 yourself before configuring (just
> "autoconf" will do it) will fix this.

Running "autoconf" or "./missing --run autoconf" doesn't fix the problem
for me.

olly at einstein:~/downloads/programs/survex-1.1.8$ autoconf --version
autoconf (GNU Autoconf) 2.59e
Written by David J. MacKenzie and Akim Demaille.

This is free software; see the source for copying conditions.  There is
NO
PURPOSE.
---
Autoconf 2.50 chosen by Debian wrapper script.
For information and tuning advice see autoconf(1).

Olly Madge